Trip Advisor latest reviews
"A relaxing place in the sun for the family"
Reviewed 4 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
"We were an extended family group-2 x50 yrs. old 2 x10 yrs. old, 3 x 18 yrs. old and a 3 yr. old) so lots of different tastes and activities expected but this property met them all. The pool was great for the kids, the spacious living areas (especially separate accommodation for the teenagers) and the beach for a walk for the oldies was perfect. Guy who met us on arrival was friendly, informative and a nice person to have a long chat with. The 15 minute drive to Port Douglas was great- close enough but not too close! Highly recommended!!!"
Reviewed 18 September 2013 for a stay in September 2013
"Clean, affordable and spacious house and very close to the beach. Beach is beautiful and just across the road. The road is a cultesac road so it's very quite. Guy the local manager was super helpful. Astrid and her team were responsive and made everything easy. Thanks again!"
"Great Holiday Destination and Highly Recommended"
Reviewed 3 March 2013 for a stay in February 2013
"Great holiday destination! Good value for our money and we had a blast. The house was awesome and we love everything about it. Clean rooms, good pool, stunning beach close by and more. Simply great! Would highly recommend this property to our relatives and friends back home."
Reviewed 21 February 2013 for a stay in February 2013
"We will never forget our holiday at 24 Oak Beach. We had so much fun. The house had everything we needed. It is ideal for those who want some privacy. Our holiday was truly amazing!"
"Ideal for the whole family"
Reviewed 22 April 2013 for a stay in February 2013
"The house had everything we needed. We felt very close to nature with trees surrounding the house and the beach nearby. An ideal house for the whole family. Thank you for the wonderful holiday experience."
Reviewed 17 November 2012 for a stay in November 2012
"TVery clean, very quiet and a good range of facilities/equipment. Only 10 mins from Port Douglas so it was close to everything but far enough away from the tourist hubbub. Will definitely stay there again."
Stayz latest reviews
December 2015 - Great Location! "Perfect location. This property is an older style, but very comfortable. We really enjoyed our 7 night night stay. 2 minute walk to the beach. We look forward to stay again."
May 2015 - Great House, Great Location. "House is excellent, everything you would ever need inc Foxtel & WiFi. Separate parents retreat is awesome. Location could not be better, like living in the rainforest. We were concerned before our stay about no curtains or blinds, but you don't need them, the forest provides shade & privacy. Caretaker Guy (his names) is also great & helpful, makes you feel right at home. Could not recommend the place more highly. Just awesome & Dog friendly."
May 2015 - Value for money in beautiful location. "We loved our stay at 24 Oak Beach Road. Although there were some interesting and quirky characteristics of this property eg sleeping close to nature, friendly geckos and many noises from the local wildlife it was comfortable and great value for money. Guy the property manager was friendly and helpful. Beach and billabong a short walk away and the secluded beach was beautiful."
January 2015 - Great house in a great location. "Stayed there for 5 days at start of year. House is large and very comfortable with one of the bedrooms in a self-contained unit. It really is an interesting location, surrounded by bushland and as it is so private, there are no curtains! That took a bit of getting used to (about one night) and there is a lot of wildlife roaming around (including a huge lizard) so expect lots of wildlife encounters and interesting noises at night. None of this mattered in the slightest, if anything it adds to the experience. The local beach is great for walking as it is very quiet, but not much else (definitely no swimming). The street very secluded and the neighbours were very friendly. Getting to Port Douglas was easy (a 20 minute drive)."
What our guests have said in the Visitors book. Complete and unedited, we have not included the names for privacy reasons
- Stevens, June 2014 - "Just a short note to say thank you, we had a fabulous 2 weeks at 24 Oak Beach. The property is excellent, I would recommend it far & wide, but also kind of want to keep it a secret. We would look to return again next year."
- Couple SA - "We had a fantastic, relaxing holiday at 24 Oak Beach Road. The location is perfect. Planning has begun for a return to this ideal property. Many thanks."
- 3 families NZ & Aus - "Awesome little slice of heaven. Would recommend to all. The little one loved the beach. The big ones loved the idyllic peace and quiet. Our holiday will be remembered forever. Great, well appointed and Guy, (the off- site property manager), on hand if anything needed."
- Family, NSW - "Loved the open louvred windows, the pool, the peace and privacy. What a lucky find 24 Oak Beach is. Coconut trees and rainforest. Wed love to come back one day!"
- Family, Oregon USA - "Weve travelled from Sydney along the East coast to Port Douglas and by far your home is the highlight. We loved all your suggestions. Great house for a family vacation!"
- 2 couples, Aus - "Thanks for the fabulous stay in this lovely scenic place. Highlights: Swimming at Mossman Gorge, catching dart (fish) at Oak Beach, Skyrail and Kuranda scenic railway, Kingfisher Park, Great bird watching."
- Couple, Melbourne - "Had a great time. Great company and fine home and an excellent beach away from the hustle of Port Douglas. The wedding was beautiful."
- Family, Melbourne - "Family holiday with 2 y/o v. relaxing LOVE the beach its NEVER crowded!!!"
- Couple, Melbourne - "Had a wonderful time. So tranquil and serene. A great place for a honeymoon Paradise."
- 2 couples, U.K - "Cant imagine a better location. Beach was wonderful! Great to have such a well equipped house."
- 2 families - "Thanks to this wonderful house and relaxing lifestyle we managed to have a fantastic holiday. Hope to be back before long!"
- Family, Perth - "Had a fabulous time relaxing. The pool was great, back bedroom beautiful. Good rain and some lovely sunny days. Perfect!"
- 2 Couples, Adelaide - "Great company and a fantastic place to stay for my very first visit to this part of Queensland. Much more peaceful than Port Douglas, a lovely beach for walks and exploring. Would recommend the place to others, business cards at the house would be a great way to promote this hidden treasure."
- Family, Victoria - "Had an absolutely fantastic time very relaxing. Fine wine, fine company, plenty of beautiful sights and mostly gorgeous weather. The house was just right for our needs. Plenty of room with the beach and pool receiving plenty of use. Felt very comfortable with plenty of privacy. Thanks."
- Family Victoria - "Loved everything about our stay. Home well appointed, pool beaut, wildlife and coconuts kept our boys entertained for hours!"
- Family, Australia - "Thanks for a lovely stay in this wonderful place. House, beach, weather all perfect."
- Family, Melbourne - "This is now our 4th time and the experience of Oak Beach just gets better. Love it."
- Family WA - "Great holiday house, had everything we needed for an enjoyable first visit north of Cairns. Kids were delighted to harvest their own coconuts on the beach and chase the crabs by torchlight. Saw an amazing rainbow too! Would like to return in the wet season. Thanks Guy for being here to welcome us and for the washing powder."
- Family SA - "Lovely home, beautiful environment! We had a great holiday."
- 2 Couples, France and Brazil - "Wonderful place, very relaxing house. Thanks!"
- Families Italy/Australia - "My parents came all the way from Italy to see their first grandchild and they got the tropics too. Biggest compliment: We will be back."
- Family, Melbourne (childs comment) - "The stay was lovely and the location was amazing. Every morning the birds would sing as loud as they could. The beach was really nice. Thank you."
- Family, Australia (childs comment) - "Awesome house. Had heaps of fun in the pool."
- Family SA - "Fantastic! Enjoyed the peace and quiet and great family time!"
- Family SA (childs comment) - "Really cool. Lots of things to do, loved the pool!"
- 2 couples: - "Lovely location. Weather perfect."
- Family, Switzerland - "The Swiss Alps has nothing like this! Great holiday, great place, crocs!, everything in between."
- 5 adults - "Thank you so much! We had an absolutely fabulous time staying at Oak Beach. Wish it wasnt so far to come back again."
- Family WA - "Our first trip to Queensland will always be remembered fondly. Thank you Guy so much for your hospitality it was appreciated just as much as the wonderful location."
- Family, France - "Sejour tranquille et reposant"
- Family, NZ - "If it wasnt so far to travel wed be back every weekend! Good on you Queensland."
- 2 couples, U.K - "Wonderful location, lots to do, a week is nowhere near enough."
- 2 families NSW & VIC - "Great time, good food, superb location. Just needs a coffee machine on the beach! Great time."
- Family, U.K - "We had a fantastic time! Wish we could stay longer. Thank you."
- 2 families, U.K - "FAB PLACE. Thanks for making our holiday so great!!"
- Family U.K - "What a wonderful location and amazing house well be back."
- Family, Melbourne - "Location, location, location hire a dinghy from the marina go up the inlet and see a croc catch fish very beautiful. Thank you."
- Family, Hong Kong - "So good to be away from the city kids love the beach a wonderful holiday!"
- 2 Couples Canada & Aus: - "Had a wonderful time here; especially enjoyed walking on the beach, snorkelling on the barrier reef and going to breakfast with the birds. Thanks."
"Great position. Love waking up with the birds and the sun rising over the sea Magnificent."
- Family, New Zealand - "Great place for 3 generations to enjoy a holiday together. A great retreat from NZ winter!"
- Couple, Melbourne - "Superb weather! Superb food! Superb ocean! Superb house!!!!! Superb mud crabs up at the creek!! Divine meal and just 2 minutes away!."
- Couple, Iowa, USA - "Fantastic time on reef, fabulous weather, absolutely loved the house. Cant wait to return."
- 5 girls, Australia - "We had a wonderful girls holiday, thank you. The house is amazing and we loved the bats!"
- Family, VIC - "Had a great time exploring FNQ. First time here and we had a ball! Thanks Guy for everything Girls loved snorkelling, ghost crabs at night and croc farm: Will definitely be back! Top family holiday!!"
- Family, Finland - "We had a wonderful holiday here. Its all very different from our country, Finland. The highlight of the stay was the snorkelling trip to the outer reef!"
- Single, California - "Visit better than last time! Cant wait to return next year!"
- Family, Victoria - "Idyllic! A great place for a great holiday."
- Family, California - "Great house for family vacation. Great beach, Mossman Gorge, Cape Tribulation lots of fun. Thanks!!"
- Family, VIC - "Loved waking up with a rainforest view! Beats the factory across the street at home. Our baby loved the beach usually coming home with an Errol Flynn sand moustache. Flora great not sure about the fauna
my tip is to shake your shorts before putting them on! Lovely place though. Thanks Guy!"
- Family, U.K - "A fantastic family house & location. We had a super time and are sorry to leave."
- Couple & family, Melbourne - "Great place, company, beach, pool. Could not think of a better place to be stranded!..thanks to Ansett! Thank you love Oak Beach."
- 2 couples, Sweden - "Fantastic, secluded hideaway. Great spot great weather. Thanks for a memorable holiday."
- Family, Sydney - "Just spent 6 yrs living abroad mostly England. So this was our stress reliever prior to settling in Sydney. We are all de-stressed! Great place, great beach, great weather. Thanks!!"
- Couple, Texas - "In spite of hourly rain squalls and high winds, enjoyed exploring the beach, Port Douglas, Cape Tribulation and Mossman Gorge. Saw 1.8m Lace Monitor on back terrace one day! Neighbour reports croc in estuary. Watch out!"
- Family NZ - "Loved Oak Beach. Enjoyed catching fish down at the beach and beach walks."
- Family, QLD - "Another fun and relaxing stay. Thanks Guy for making us feel comfortable all your help is appreciated. Happy New Year!"
- Single, California - "Marvellous in every way."
- Family, Victoria - "Very relaxing, idyllic place. Wish we could stay!"
- Family, USA - "We had a great time."
- Family, NSW - "Great house Fantastic holiday and beautiful wedding at Mali Mali."
- Family, Texas - "Very fine despite the rain!"
- Family, Toronto - "Loved Oak Beach and Queensland."
- Family, New Zealand - "1st family holiday with 4 month old Chloe huge success. Thanks!"
- 2 families, UK & Sydney - "Had a lovely time. The kids loved the beach, pool and the crocodiles. Looking forward to coming back maybe in the wet"
- Family, WA - "Saw the local croc, caught some fish and the ghosties. Lovely accommodation and the very helpful Guy. Thank you for a great week."
- 2 couples, Qld and NSW - "Perfect weather, great food and beautiful scenery!! Had a wonderful time."
- Family, Melbourne - "Great weather, bit windy but a great holiday."
- Couple, Hong Kong - "Just perfect thank you"
- Couple, Paris - "Exotic, calm brilliant."
- 2 couples, Tasmania - "Bloody Beautiful!"
- Family, NZ - "Oak Beach is beautiful."
- Couple, NSW - "Quiet and tranquil"